Select from one of the options below to view more about the benefits of becoming an appointed agent with Appalachian Underwriters, Inc.
The Appalachian Underwriters agent membership offers insurance agents and brokers access to national and regional carriers in both Admitted and Non-admitted markets. You will have a dedicated team of professionals aligned by state and region to ensure your agency gets the support it needs to be successful. Being a member agent comes with many advantages and places your agency in a competitive position in the market.
Get access to Appalachian Underwriters’ list of national and regional carriers, products and services for a membership fee of $250.
View the benefits of membership below in detail. Click on each of the benefits to expand their details.
Access to Over 100+ Markets
We offer access to both admitted and non-admitted markets through our partnership with national and regional carriers. We cover a range a risks from Workers' Compensation, Commercial Specialty, Brokerage and Personal Lines.
To see a list of our carriers click here.
Online Agent Portal - Rate, Quote, Bind Online and More!
With your membership you will receive access to our online agent portal. Below are a few of the feature highlights of the online portal.
- Access to our proprietary Xpress Online Raters with 24/7 availability. Our raters are designed to submit your business online for a speedy transaction. The rater submissions are received and treated as priority submissions. A completed application is generated for each submission with the ability to lock down the markets. We continuously update our raters with carrier and industry updates.
- Online commission statements
- Information available for expiring policies
- Notices of cancellation
- A form and applications repository
- The ability to request loss runs from our automated system
Our Xpress Unit was designed to save you time allowing you to quote faster and easier online and by phone on applicable accounts. We offer online raters for our Workers’ Compensation, Commercial Specialty and Personal Lines divisions. Xpress Phone Quotes are available for our Commercial Specialty division.
- Webinars – Hosted by the Marketing team demonstrating products and services including how to use the online raters
- Nationwide Agency Lunch & Learn Workshops – Face-to-face training workshops offered Nationwide. We tailor the session to be focused to the products/services available to the region of travel
- Scheduled Agency Office Visits - Our regional marketing representatives schedule agency visits to offer one-on-one training and discuss your agency needs
Dedicated Underwriting and Marketing Teams
Each division has specialized teams of professionals to handle your account needs. Our Underwriters are trained by specific region and product so they can manage your risks efficiently. Your dedicated Marketing Representative is available to assist with all of your insurance needs.
Marketing Email Updates
We keep you up-to-date on all of the latest technology upgrades and latest products as they come available. Appalachian Underwriters is always looking at ways to expand what we offer to our member agents.
AUI Agent Advantage Rewards Program
Our members have access to many perks with our AUI Agent Advantage Program.
- Rewards Card – Earn and extra $10 for every eligible new business bind
- New Agency Referrals – Earn an extra $100 for referring a new appointed agency
- Monthly Sweepstakes – We have weekly prize winners and monthly grand prize winners
- Exclusive Agent Discounts through multiple vendors including Staples, AT&T, Dell Computers, Choice Hotels and rental car companies